Harz County, an attractive location for your business in the heart of Germany!
Around two-thirds of all employees are employed in the service sector, and around one-third in the manufacturing industry of various industries. The focus is mainly on metal / electronics, automotive supplies and plastics / medical technology as well as seed breeding and the food industry. With around 3 million guest nights per year, Harz County is also considered one of the most important tourist regions in Central Germany. This is also due to the Brocken (1,141 m), the highest elevation in Saxony-Anhalt and Northern Germany.
Streets (distance to the district capital Halberstadt)
- direct connection to A 395 and A 14 by B 6 / future A 36
- A 7 (Hanover - Kassel): 77 km
- A 2 (Berlin - Dortmund): 45 km
- A 395 (Bad Harzburg - Brunswick): 40 km
- A 14 (Nossen - Leipzig - Halle - Magdeburg): 50 km
- A 9 (Berlin - Munich): 110 km
Distances of the district capital Halberstadt
- Brunswick: 50 minutes
- Magdeburg: 50 minutes
- Wolfsburg: 70 minutes
- Hanover: 90 minutes
- Göttingen: 90 minutes
- Kassel: 110 minutes
- Berlin: 140 minutes
Airfields (distance to the district capital Halberstadt)
- Hanover Langenhagen (international): 150 km
- Leipzig-Halle (international): 121 km
- Ballenstedt (airfield): 29 km
The nationwide broadband expansion has reached Harz County. From the end of 2019, all business parks will be offered at least 100 Mbit / s (download and upload speed) and private households profit from at least 50 Mbit / s download speed. The current state of broadband expansion in Harz County can be found on the website of broadband center Harz.